A random girl's random gymnastics ramblings.

Monday, May 3, 2010

i'm engorged with venom, and triumph.

I posted awhile back about fancy gymnastics-themed cakes, right?  Well, maybe the bakers read my blog (right) because all of a sudden, the cakes got SO much better!

Some are just adorable.  Like, this one makes me want to have kids just so I can throw them parties with cake.


Yeah, the bars are a little wonky.  And blue.  And the beam is a nice shade of maroon.  I don't even care, because little Precious Moments kids are wearing leos and headbands.   The fondant is shiny and awkward, but I don't give a crap.  Headbands.

This involves rhythmic gym, but OMG.  My cuteness meter just exploded.


WHAAAT???  How would you even cut that?  I would cry if I even tried.  That is so cute, it freaks me out.

I love the colors in this one.


The doll is so 60s-70s, I love it.  Small deductions for the flexed feet and short sleeved leo.  Other than that, a perfect 16.725.

This is where we start our descent into what I call "Not So Much."


The bars were a nice effort, even if the girl is just humongous.  And I'm digging the poofy 80s rolled down socks.  Reminds me of DJ Tanner.  The beam is where it starts to get sketchy.  The gymnast looks like she's going through an exorcism, another victim of head-on-backwards disease.  The beam also appears to be a tree trunk.  While matching the pommel horse, which also looks like a home for the Keebler Elves.  Also, you can't see it entirely in this pic, but there's also some inexplicable round thing by the pommels.  Just an orange round thing. 

This one's just... what???  Like, I checked, it wasn't for a yoga party.  It was for a gymnastics party.


Just a girl, face down in the mats.  I mean, yes, I guess you could feasibly see this position at some point in time, but really?  Of ALL the positions in the world, you choose FACEPLANT?

I, for one, am not a huge fan of polyester hair in my food.  That's just me.


Still kind of cute though.  I'd like to think that that's Alicia on the trampoline, Nastia on floor, and Bross on beam.

This girl's just dangling her leg off of the side.  OK.


Nice handstand position though.  And the kid... is he doing a bridge??  Or some weird crabwalk?

And last, but not least, we have.... this.


I don't really even know what's going on here.  The air traffic controller/rhythmic dancer.  The kid in the red's either doing a bridge or some sort of Bogi dance.  The bumblebee splits are the only thing that even kind of make sense in this picture.  Throw in some shiny rust colored flesh, and a few random flowers, and voila.

Gymnastics cake.

1 comment:

  1. I think you totally just insulted Bross's hair in this post. BURN! :D

    (Actually, did anyone notice that it looked MUCH better at Worlds and SCAM? I think someone finally bothered to tell her. (For the record, I actually really respect that she doesn't get so heavily into the makeup and hairstyling.)

    ReplyDelete